Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Workshops by Christine Padesky
If you cannot attend an onsite workshop, try our CBT Training on Disc. Available from our 24/7 online store: www.Store.Padesky.com
VIEW BY TOPIC: Anxiety | Case Conceptualization | CBT Boot Camp | Depression | EVOLUTION of Psychotherapy | Guided Discovery | Master Class | Mind Over Mood | Personality Disorders | Pop Up CBT | Show Me! | Socratic Questioning | Strengths & Resilience | Suicide | WORLD Congress
- This event has passed.
Building Resilience with Vulnerable Clients (Wales 2014)
May 23, 2014 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm PDTGBP 105 – GBP 135
Sponsor’s Contact Information: Email: BABCP Workshops
SPONSOR: A Tri-Funded Welsh Branch Event (BABCP CWNEW, North West Wales, and South & West Wales)
WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION: This workshop teaches Padesky & Mooney’s 4-step model for identifying, building and strengthening resilience, which can be integrated into CBT. This approach integrates knowledge from resilience research and constructive cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) methods. Participants learn to search for strengths within six main areas of competence characteristic of resilient individuals and help clients build a personal model of resilience (PMR™).
- Identify six areas of competence linked to resilience
- Name 3 highly recommended life areas in which to search for strengths
- Practice questions that bring strengths to client awareness
- Build a personal model of resilience (PMR™) in four steps
- Practice methods to evoke resilient symbolism and metaphor
- Appreciate the balancing roles of persistence and acceptance in resilience
PRESENTER: Christine A. Padesky, Ph.D.
PROGRAM / REGISTRATION INFORMATION: Email the Sponsor for program information: BABCP Workshops
- Lunch & refreshments are included. CPD certificates will be provided
- Early bird fee deadline 21 Feb: BABCP Members – £105 Non-members – £120
- Full registration after 21 Feb: BABCP Members – £120 Non-members – £135
- Registration Closes 21 March
VENUE CYMRU: a unique and outstanding sea-front location. The attraction of Venue Cymru is enhanced by its location in Llandudno, a town that retains an air of quality so frequently lost by many coastal resorts. The architecture, history and atmosphere of Llandudno is unique. A wonderfully preserved promenade, delightful shopping parade plus an abundance of daytime activities and evening entertainment combine to produce a town of distinct character. The A55 dual carriageway connects the town to both the M56 and M53; in travel terms both Manchester and Liverpool are only one hour’s drive away, as are their respective airports. Direct trains run from Llandudno Junction to London Euston in just over 3 hours.