Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Workshops by Christine Padesky
If you cannot attend an onsite workshop, try our CBT Training on Disc. Available from our 24/7 online store: www.Store.Padesky.com
VIEW BY TOPIC: Anxiety | Case Conceptualization | CBT Boot Camp | Depression | EVOLUTION of Psychotherapy | Guided Discovery | Master Class | Mind Over Mood | Personality Disorders | Pop Up CBT | Show Me! | Socratic Questioning | Strengths & Resilience | Suicide | WORLD Congress
- This event has passed.
Strengths-Based CBT for Vulnerable Clients & Chronic Issues (Sweden 2015)
May 25, 2015 - May 26, 2015SEK 3750
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN – 2 day workshop
BROCHURE not available online
TO REGISTER telephone the event sponsor
Most therapists want to improve clients’ sense of well-being and overall quality of life, in addition to relieving distress. This is especially true for vulnerable clients with complex issues and those who suffer social stigma because of chronic mental health problems. For these clients, Strengths-Based CBT (SB-CBT) can provide a more positive therapy experience than therapy approaches that are solely problem focused.
While SB-CBT methods can be used with most types of clients, this new workshop by master clinician Christine A. Padesky, Ph.D. places special emphasis on demonstrating SB-CBT with vulnerable clients and chronic issues.
Learn how to
- identify client strengths even when clients deny their existence
- help clients build a personal model of resilience
- incorporate strengths-based methods into classic CBT protocols, and
- use the NEW Paradigm approach to address chronic issues
Padesky demonstrates SB-CBT applications under both ideal and then more challenging circumstances. Mooney will debrief each demonstration and highlight subtle decision points that guide SB-CBT practice.
- When and how do you identify client strengths and bring these into client awareness?
- What nonverbal therapist behaviors are essential to foster client resilience and change?
- When and how do you decide to help a client build a personal model of resilience?
- How do you decide when it might be better to construct new beliefs and behaviors rather than test the old ones?
What is a “SHOW ME” workshop?
How often do you watch a master clinician at work and wonder, “How did she know to ask that?” “Why did she do that?” Past workshop participants frequently comment that some of the best learning in Christine Padesky’s workshops comes from her clinical demonstrations.
A “Show Me!” workshop takes you inside a master clinician’s mind during clinical demonstrations, with plenty of time after to debrief, discuss, and try it for yourself. Padesky reveals what is going through her mind during demonstrations of Strengths-Based Cognitive Behavior Therapy (SB-CBT) applications with vulnerable clients.
Following each demonstration, participants have the opportunity to practice and discover gaps in their knowledge and skill through experiential learning activities. Drs. Padesky & Mooney answer questions and provide clarifying demonstrations during these practice periods.
Over the past decades, Padesky and Mooney have introduced a number of clinical innovations into Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) including use of constructive language, four stages of Socratic dialogue, therapeutic use of smiling, positive imagery, and methods to construct new beliefs and behavioral patterns. These contributions are now integrated into a unified model they call Strengths-Based CBT which has three areas of application.
THREE AREAS OF APPLICATION FOR SB-CBT
- Integrate strengths within classic CBT
- Help clients become more resilient using a four-step model
- Create a NEW Paradigm for clients with chronic problems
- OBSERVE the thought processes of a master clinician at work
- PRACTICE questions which help vulnerable clients identify strengths
- BROADEN your abilities to utilize client strengths
- BECOME more aware of your nonverbal communications to clients
- BUILD vulnerable clients’ resilience
- INTEGRATE SB-CBT with classic CBT
- ELICIT positive imagery to promote change
- PRACTICE NEW Paradigm methods that address chronic issues
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop is suited for therapists of all knowledge levels: novice, intermediate and expert. Therapists with similar levels of experience are paired for role plays to maximize the learning value of these exercises.
If you have attended Dr. Padesky’s previous strengths-based workshops (Building Resilience, Simplifying Personality Disorder Treatment with the NEW Paradigm) you will have opportunities to refresh and update your skills, compare your clinical use of these models with Dr. Padesky’s demonstrations, and develop a deeper understanding of Strengths-Based CBT.
SAPU (Skandinaviens Akademi för Psykoterapiutveckling AB)
Scandinavia’s Academy for Psychotherapy Development Inc.
http://sapu.se/building-core-therapist-and-clients-skills-using-mom-2-0-med-christine-padesky/ (ONCE EVENT ENDS, LINK IS NO LONGER VALID)
May 25, 2015 (10 am – 5:30 pm) to May 26, 2015 (9 am – 4:30 pm)
Nalen Conference Center
COST – includes lunch & coffee
3000 SEK + 750 VAT = 3750 SEK
(+46) 0046 8 642 10 24
(+46) 0046 70 690 24 08