Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Workshops by Christine Padesky
If you cannot attend a workshop, try our CBT Training on MP4 video and MP3 audio.
- This event has passed.
Best Practices in CBT for Depression (USA 2018)
May 17, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm PDT$100 – $195
DATE CHANGE 2018 INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA 1 day / 6 hour workshop
This workshop is designed for therapists at all experience levels. It emphasizes strategies to manage common obstacles encountered by therapists working with depressed clients.
In today’s healthcare environment it is especially important to use therapist resources as efficiently as possible.
- to focus on specific client symptoms to create “smarter” therapy
- how spacing sessions can reduce the “discontinuation effect”
- to structure CBT to maximize client participation, skill development and relapse risk reduction
- to choose interventions that are most likely to help in the time available
- how to engage a client so he or she gives these interventions a full opportunity to help, and
- which interventions effectively target pessimism, hopelessness and negativity so these do not produce a drag on therapy’s effectiveness
WHEN – DATE CHANGE
May 17, 2018 (one day / 6 hour workshop)
Check-in: 8am–9am (EST)
Presentation: 9am–5:00pm (EST)
Indiana University Health–Methodist Hospital
1701 North Senate Boulevard
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
LAST DAY TO REGISTER ONLINE: May 16
Event qualifies for 6 CEU credits. Complete CEU information is provided on the sponsor’s registration page (see bottom of page).
Rachel Hoffman: 260-241-4984
Robert Blender: 317-507-0433